This Lentil Quinoa Salad is a very flavorful and crunchy. It is nice and light which is perfect for lunch.
Start by cooking the lentils and quinoa according to package directions. Combine them in a large bowl to cool while preparing the remaining ingredients. I love the contrast of the black beluga lentils with with pearl quinoa.
In a small bowl, whisk together all of the ingredients for the dressing.
Pour the dressing over the cooled quinoa and lentils.
Be sure the quinoa and lentils are evenly coated with dressing.
I really wanted to use rainbow colored carrots, however, I couldn’t seem to find then at the store. I did end up finding a bag of mini ones, and used them! The colors are so beautiful!
Mix in the rest of the vegetables.
I love the combo of bright colors in this salad!
Lentil Quinoa Salad
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
- 1 ½ cups pearl quinoa, uncooked
- 1 cup black beluga lentils, uncooked
- 2 cups multicolored carrots, chopped or shredded
- 5 cups baby kale
- 1 small container cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 Tbsp of shallots, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Cook quinoa and lentils according to package instructions. Set aside to cool.
- Mix ingredients for dressing.
- In a large bowl, add cooled quinoa and lentils, and mix with dressing.
- Add in veggies and enjoy!