I really enjoyed this past week’s Artichoke Parsley Quinoa. I forgot until the second day I ate it, that I intended to put the warmed quinoa over a bed a fresh baby spinach. On Tuesday I remembered, and it was a great addition for the rest of the week! So make sure you don’t forget the spinach for yours! I just love any spinach-artichoke combo and this lunch was no exception! The sundried tomatoes and thyme add great flavor.
Start by cooking the quinoa according to the package directions While the quinoa is simmering, cook the onion and thyme over medium-high heat. Then mix in the sundried tomatoes, artichokes, and lemon juice, cook for about 8 minutes. Then add in the chick peas and cook another minute or two and set aside.
Now make your dressing. Combine olive oil, lemon juice, lemon zest, sea salt and pepper in a small bowl.
Whisk it together.
Pour the dressing over the quinoa and mix well.
Then add in the fresh parsley.
Artichoke Parsley Quinoa
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
Servings: 6 servings
- 1 ½ cups quinoa, uncooked
- 1 Tbsp + ⅛ cup extra virgin olive oil, divided
- ⅓ cup red onion, minced
- 1 tsp thyme
- ⅓ cup sundried tomatoes, sliced thin
- 2 cans of quartered artichokes, drained
- ¼ cup + 1 Tbsp lemon juice, divided (about two lemons)
- 1 can chickpeas
- 2 tsp lemon zest (about 2 lemons)
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp freshly crushed black pepper
- ½ cup parsley, chopped (add more if desired)
- 5 cups fresh baby spinach
- Cook quinoa according to package directions.
- In a large frying pan over medium-high heat, add 1 Tbsp olive oil, onion, and thyme. Cook until onions are translucent. Add sundried tomatoes, artichokes, and 1 Tbsp of lemon juice. Cook over medium heat for 8-10 minutes. Add chickpeas and cook for another 2 minutes, set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine ⅛ cup olive oil, ¼ cup lemon juice, lemon zest, sea salt and pepper, whisk.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine quinoa and dressing. Mix thoroughly, then add chopped parsley and mix. Combine with artichoke mixture.
- Enjoy warm or room temperature. Serve over a bed of fresh baby spinach.