This Curried Tofu Quinoa is quick to make, and packed with flavor. By starting with the precooked and flavored tofu you save a ton of time!
I love these Ready to Eat Hodo Soy Thai Curry Tofu Nuggets. They are very flavorful and really quick!
Start by heating the olive oil and onions. I add certain ingredients in stages depending on how long I want it cooking for, I cook for a few minutes between each step. Once the onions are slightly translucent, add the sage and then the diced red peppers and lemon juice. After this has been cooking for a few minutes, add the chickpeas, carrots, and spices. Next, mix in the quinoa and cashews. Finally, add in the tofu.
The tofu only needs to be warmed through, so once is is warm you are ready to go!
Curried Tofu Quinoa
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1 cup dry quinoa
- Olive oil
- ¼ cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp fresh sage, chopped
- Juice of one lemon
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 can of chickpeas
- 2 carrots, shredded
- 1 tsp curry powder
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- 1 cup roasted cashews
- 1 package of curried tofu (or you could make your own)
- Cook quinoa according to package directions.
- In a large pan over medium-high heat, add olive oil and onion. Cook for about 3-4 minutes until softened and slightly translucent. Add freshly chopped sage and cook for another minute.
- Add in lemon juice and diced red pepper, combine and cook for 3 more minutes. Add chickpeas, carrots, curry powder, and ground cumin. Mix well to combine everything with the spices and cook until chickpeas are heated.
- Add quinoa, cashews and tofu, remove from heat once the tofu is heated through.