This Lemon Rosemary Kale Quinoa is a great hot lunch. One of my favorite ways to make a meal quicker to prepare, is to buy pre baked tofu. Then there is no draining, pressing or marinating to do. It is already to go! Plus it has just the right amount of chewiness while still being moist on the inside.
Start by cooking the quinoa. I decided to use rainbow quinoa for this recipe, but you could use whichever color you like best!
While your quinoa is cooking, stir fry the kale. Start with a little oil and rosemary, then add the kale until it is slightly wilted. Then add the carrots, tofu, and lemon juice. Cook until heated throughout.
Finally, combine the quinoa with the kale mixture, beans, feta, and walnuts. Mix everything together well.
Lemon Rosemary Kale Quinoa
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
- 1 ½ cups of quinoa, uncooked
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- ⅓ cup of lemon juice
- 1 tsp of fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1 large bunch of kale, chopped
- 2 large carrots, shredded
- 1 can of three bean mix (garbanzo, pinto, and kidney bean mix)
- 8 oz baked tofu, diced
- 8 oz. feta
- 1 cup of walnuts
- In a small saucepan, combine quinoa and 3 cups of vegetable broth (you can also use water) and bring to a boil. Once boiling, reduce heat and cover, Let cook for 12-15 minutes. Remove lid to check that all liquid has been absorbed. Remove from heat and transfer to a large mixing bowl.
- Over medium-high heat, add 1 Tbsp of olive oil and chopped rosemary. Stir and let cook for about 1 minute. Add chopped kale and cook for 3-5 minutes or until kale is slightly wilted.
- Add in lemon juice, shredded carrots and diced baked tofu and cook until everything is warmed through.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine quinoa, kale mixture, three bean mixture, feta, and walnuts. Keeps in fridge for 4-5 days.