As you may know, I love buffalo flavored things and I love blue cheese. These Buffalo Quinoa Bites are so addicting. I can’t stop eating them! My sister, Jenna, created this recipe, and made these for me first. I knew I had to make them myself and share it here! The prep is pretty easy, and they are great reheated. I made these a night ahead for my holiday party, and then just put them back in the oven on a baking sheet to heat them up for the party. (A toaster oven is the best way if you are only reheating a few)
First cook the quinoa, then combine all of the ingredients in a large bowl.
I used a silpat liner on a baking sheet, and no cooking spray was even needed. Use a tablespoon measuring spoon, and scoop out little balls, then gently flatten them with the back of the spoon.
It makes about three trays of quinoa bites.
Cook for 30 minutes at 425 degrees. Be sure to flip halfway through so both sides get a little crispy. You will know they are finished if they are slightly browned and a little darker on the edges.
Serve with blue cheese sauce to dip in. You can also use ranch. If you like a little extra spice, mix in a bit of Frank’s with your blue cheese or ranch.
Buffalo Quinoa Bites
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
- 1 ½ cups dry quinoa
- ½ cup celery, diced
- ½ cup carrot, shredded
- ½ cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- ½ cup potato, shredded
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup Franks hot sauce
- ¼ cup Panko bread crumbs (I used Gluten-Free Bread crumbs this time)
- ½ tsp salt
- Cook the quinoa according to package directions.
- Preheat oven to 425*
- Mix all of the ingredients together in a large bowl
- Line a cookie sheet with Silpat silicone liner. Use a tablespoon measuring spoon to scoop out little balls and then gently flatten into a patty.
- Bake patties for 30 minutes, flip halfway through.
- Serve with your favorite sauce, blue cheese or ranch mixed with a little Franks.