This Spiralized Sweet Potato Quinoa Bake is quick and easy to make. There isn’t much cutting or chopping involved. Just spiralize and combine everything! It is good for when you want a hot lunch and it has a good spicy kick to it!
Start by peeling the sweet potatoes.
Then cut the ends off so they are flat.
Next slice them halfway through, longways. DO NOT cut all the way through! This step will give you smaller noodles, and keep you from having to trim them at the end.
Now you are ready to spiralize!
I like to use these two cup glass ramekins that are oven safe. I spread them out on a baking sheet and spray with coconut oil. Fill them well. If there are remaining juices, pour them evenly over the containers. Cover with tinfoil and bake for 6o minutes at 350 degrees. To be sure that it is done, make sure the quinoa is soft.
Cook Time: 60 minutes
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 70 minutes
- 1 cup quinoa, uncooked and rinsed
- 2 large sweet potatoes, spiralized
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 2 cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cans diced tomatoes with juices
- 1 ½ cups salsa
- 1 Tbsp. chili powder
- 1 Tbsp dried, minced onion
- ½ teaspoon cayenne (you can adjust depending on how spicy you like it)
- ½ cup plain Greek yogurt
- ¼ teaspoon chipotle powder
- ½ teaspoon sriracha sauce
- 3 avocados
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine quinoa, sweet potatoes, vegetable broth, black beans, diced tomatoes, salsa, chili powder, minced onion, and cayenne.
- Using oven safe 2-cup ramekins, spray with coconut oil, then fill will mixture. Place all containers on a baking sheet. Cover with tinfoil and bake for 60 minutes
- Make yogurt dressing. Combine yogurt, chipotle powder, and sriracha in a small bowl.
- Top baked containers with spicy yogurt sauce and sliced avocado.