The fresh herbs in this Greek Quinoa Salad are the key ingredient to making this so delicious. I always find myself going back to make this one again and again. Mike says it’s one of his top quinoa lunches.
As usual, I like to cook my quinoa ahead, and let it cool. For this salad I like to use the Royal Pearl Quinoa. I have only found this from one brand, Alter Eco. It just a little bit fluffier than the regular quinoa, and when you mix the lemon and olive oil dressing in, it gets a great buttery taste to it.
When my quinoa is cooled, I start making the dressing.
Then I pour the dressing over the quinoa and mix!
After the dressing is mixed in, add the freshly chopped herbs.
I can’t help but sneak a few bites of it just like this. It is so fresh and flavorful. Then I add in all my chopped veggies and other remaining ingredients.
Greek Quinoa Salad
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
- 1.5 cups of white pearl quinoa (Alter Eco Brand)
- 3 cups of vegetable broth
- 2 lemons, juiced (About a ¼ cup)
- ¼ cup of extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ tsp. sea salt
- ¼ tsp. freshly crushed black pepper
- small bunch of fresh mint, chopped
- small bunch of fresh parsley, chopped
- small bunch of fresh dill, chopped
- 1.5 cups of frozen edamame
- 1 can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup of kalamata olives, cut in half
- 1 pint of grape tomatoes, cut in half
- 3-4 stalks of celery, diced
- 1 large English cucumber, sliced and cut into quarters
- 3 scallions (green and white parts), sliced
- 4-8 oz of feta (adjust to your liking)
- In a small saucepan, combine quinoa and 3 cups of vegetable broth (you can also use water) and bring to a boil. Once boiling, reduce heat and cover,
- Let cook for 12-15 minutes. Remove lid to check that all liquid has been absorbed. Remove from heat and transfer to a large mixing bowl to cool.
- While the quinoa is cooling, prepare the dressing and herbs.
- In a small bowl whisk together, lemon juice, olive oil,, sea salt, and black pepper.
- Pour dressing over quinoa and mix well.
- Add mint, parsley, and dill to quinoa and mix well.
- Add edamame, chickpeas, kalamata olives, grape tomatoes, celery, cucumber, scallions, and feta to quinoa mixture and mix well.
- Add sea salt and fresh black pepper as needed.
- Keeps in fridge for up to 5 days in an air-tight container.